Your privacy is important to us. To better protect your privacy, we provide this notice explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used on this Web site. Please see our Terms and Conditions of Site Use for additional information applicable to use of our Web site.
Information Collection & Use
We also may collect, store and use certain non-personally identifiable information when you visit many of our Web pages such as the type of browser you are using (e.g., Netscape, Internet Explorer), the type of operating system you are using, (e.g., Windows ’95 or Mac OS) and the domain name of your Internet service provider (e.g., America Online, Earthlink). In addition, we aggregate data from multiple users in a manner that is not personally identifiable and use such data as we deem appropriate.
How We Use the Information
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling personally identifiable information to unaffiliated third parties for their commercial use. We share personally identifiable customer information with unaffiliated third parties only as described herein.
- Businesses We Do Not Control: At times, we may provide products and services on our Web site in cooperation with an unaffiliated third party. You can tell when a third party is involved in your transactions, and we share customer information related to those transactions with that third party.
- Agents: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Promotional Offers: Sometimes we send offers to selected groups of customers on behalf of other businesses. When we do this, we do not give that business your name and address.
- Protection of Our Web site and Others: We reserve the right to release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions of Site Use and other agreements, or protect the rights, property or safety of this company, our users or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Notice.
- With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
We sometimes use the non-personally identifiable information that we collect to monitor user traffic patterns, analyze and quantify user preferences, improve the design and content of our Web site, and enable us to personalize your user experience. All such usage data shall be the exclusive property of this Web Site.
We may on occasion combine information we receive online with outside records to enhance our ability to market to you those products and services that may be of interest to you. If you have signed up to receive our e-mails and prefer not to receive marketing information from this Web site, please follow the “unsubscribe” instructions provided on any marketing e-mail you receive from this Web site.
Finally, this Web site will not use or transfer personally identifiable information provided to us in ways unrelated to the ones described above without also providing you with an opportunity to opt out of these unrelated uses.
Third Party Online Advertising
We use third-party advertising companies to serve advertisements when you visit our Web site. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other Web sites in order to show you advertisements tailored to your interests on this and other Web sites and other interactive media and/or to keep track of your response to each ad.
Cookies and Web Beacons
To enhance your experience with our Web site, many of our Web pages use “cookies.” Cookies are text files we place in your computer’s browser to store your preferences. Cookies, by themselves, do not tell us your e-mail address or other personally identifiable information unless you choose to provide this information to us by, for example, registering at our Web site. However, once you choose to furnish our Web site with personally identifiable information, this information may be linked to the data stored in the cookie.
“Web beacons” or clear .gifs are small pieces of code placed on a Web page to monitor the behavior and collect data about the visitors viewing a Web page. For example, Web beacons or similar technology can be used to count the users who visit a Web page or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a visitor viewing that page. We may use Web beacons or similar technology on this Web site from time to time for this and other purposes.
In addition, when you visit our Web sites, third party vendors and advertisers also place or read cookies on your Internet browser. This is a common practice on the Internet; these cookies may be used to determine whether you have visited other Web sites, to measure the effectiveness of advertising and links on other Web sites, and to provide you with information of potential interest to you, among other purposes. This is not an exhaustive list of all uses of cookies on our Web sites.
Most Web browsers are set up to accept cookies. You can, however, set your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. In addition, cookies can be easily and safely deleted from your system. See your browser’s help section for instructions.
Collection of Information by Third-Party Sites, Ad Servers and Sponsors
Our Web Site may contain links to other Web sites whose information practices may be different than ours. While visiting this Web site, you may link to another Web site via a window opened within (or on top of) our Web site. Our privacy policies and procedures may or may not be consistent with the policies and procedures of other Web sites you visit while here. Users should consult, read and understand any other Web site’s privacy notices before choosing to provide personally identifiable data on such linked Web site as our privacy policies and treatment of your data does not apply and we have no control over information that is submitted to, or collected by, these third parties.
This Web site sometimes may offer products, services or content (e.g., contests, sweepstakes, or promotions) that are sponsored by or cobranded with identified third parties. By virtue of these relationships, the third parties typically have access to the personally identifiable information that you submit, if any, in connection with that offering in order to participate in such particular Web site activity. FiveMovers.com, its parent, affiliates and licensees have no control over these third parties’ use of this information. This Web site will notify you at the time of requesting personally identifiable information if these third parties will obtain such information.
Our Commitment to Security
We have in place what we believe to be reasonable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard the personally identifiable information we collect and help prevent unauthorized access and use of such data.
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input. To assist in keeping your personal information safe, you must use an SSL-enabled browser (i.e., Internet Explorer).
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer. Additionally, change your passwords often using a combination of letters and numbers, and make sure you use a secure Web browser.
How You Can Access or Correct Information
You may obtain information regarding the personally identifiable information that this Web site has collected about you online for the limited purpose of viewing and correcting any factual errors in such information. Access to personally identifiable information that is collected from our Web site may be accessible for a limited period of time from the point of collection. For example, if you created a password-protected account within our Web site, return to that portion of the Web site to review the information you provided. To protect your privacy and security, we will take commercially reasonable steps to help verify your identity before providing information, granting access or making corrections.
Visiting www.movingchecklist.com or sending emails to Movingchecklist.com constitutes electronic communications. You consent to receive electronic communications and you agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that we provide to you electronically, via email and on the Site, satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
Movingchecklist.com does not knowingly collect, either online or offline, personal information from persons under the age of thirteen. If you are under 18, you may use www.movingchecklist.com only with permission of a parent or guardian.